The history

We know that in the 15th century Cabrini was rewarded by the Republic of Venice, for “services” rendered with properties in Venice and land near the present Villa, the villa itself, or rather the complex of buildings that preceded, it was bought by Domenico Cabrini in 1616. “ …Domenico Cabrini del Mag.co S. Giacomo p.nte et che compra, et acquista per se heriedi, et successori suoi, campi settantacinque in circa di terra arati, piantati, et videgati, et alquanti prativi, con la sua casa Dominical, corte, horti et Brolo, case et tezze, da lavorador, cortivo, stalle, pozzi, forno, parte de quali sono essenti inseta le essencion, le quali case, tezze, horti et cortivo sono serrati da muro, et il brollo scrato da spine, con li suoi fossi attorno di ragione delli predetti s.ri venditori, parte posti in Villa de Camenzago et parte in Villa de Miran …”. In 1671 he asks the Patriarch of Treviso permission to rebuild the “irreparably damaged” chapel. “… ruinam irreparabilem ruinetur… ut supra ruina ruinantem demoliendi, ac aliam de novo construendi in Dicto Loco de Camenzago licentia et faxultamem concedimus …Per Fabricar la Chiesola 1671”. We surmise that most of the ancient buildings were destroyed by fire as well at the same time and that the Villa was reconstructed in 1675; the date is reported in two of the fine decorated clay tiles still too be seen in the floor of the two wings. The fresco decorating the stage of the miniature theatre bears the date 1680. The center part of the Villa was altered in 1830, the floor levels were raised and the present decorated façade was built.

villa_cabrini_moore

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!